any as 14 points when Dante Cunninghams 3 made it 65-51 in the third quarter, but the Pelicans briefly losany as 14 points when Dante Cunninghams 3 made it 65-51 in the third quarter, but the Pelicans briefly los | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 8
CLEVELAND -- The Indians believe theyve found the right reliever to fix their issue against left-handed hitters. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . Cleveland acquired lefty Marc Rzepczynski from St. Louis on Tuesday, adding an experienced veteran to a bullpen that has struggled all season to retire lefties. The Indians left-handers have a 6.47 ERA. To get Rzepczynski (Zep-chin-skee), the Indians, who began the night trailing first-place Detroit by 2 1/2 games in the AL Central, sent minor league infielder Juan Herrera to the Cardinals. "Hes been very effective at getting left-handed hitters out at the major league level," Indians general manager Chris Antonetti said of Rzepczynski, who has been nicknamed "Scrabble" by previous teammates who struggle to pronounce or spell his name. "In addition to that, he has post-season experience and has pitched in some very pressurized games and games we aspire to play in. "We think he addresses a need both in the short and long-term for the organization and hell fit in very well." The 27-year-old is 9-17 with a 4.20 ERA in 177 career games for Toronto and St. Louis. Left-handed hitters have batted .224 against Rzepczynski, who pitched 2 2-3 scoreless innings for the champion Cardinals in the 2011 World Series. Rzepczynski has split this season between St. Louis and Triple-A Memphis, posting a 7.84 ERA in 11 games at the major league level. But in the minors, hes got a 3.07 ERA in 32 games and held lefties to a .185 average. "Hes only given up two extra-base hits on the year to left-handed hitters and only eight combined in two years," Antonetti said. "He hasnt been quite as successful at the major league level this year, but its a very small sample. He has a good fastball, he gets ground balls. Hes been a guy weve had interest in for quite a while. We liked him when he was with Toronto." The Indians only other current left-handed reliever is Rich Hill. However, this season theyve had lefties Scott Barnes, Nick Hagadone and David Huff pitch in relief but they were all sent back to the minors because of ineffectiveness. Antonetti said its possible the Indians could make another move before Wednesdays 4 p.m. non-waiver deadline. "Were still working to try and improve the team, and if we think there are guys out there who will improve upon the options we have well explore it," Antonetti said. "But we do feel confident that Marc can help our team and hell be part of hopefully a push to the playoffs. Theres a lot that can happen in 24 hours." Antonetti does not yet know when Rzepczynski will join the Indians. Herrera batted .275 with one homer and 11 RBIs in 39 games for Class A Mahoning Valley. He will be assigned to State College (Pa.) of the Class-A New York-Penn League. Clearance NBA Jerseys .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/ . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis wore a supportive strap on his aching back and still managed to carry the New Orleans Pelicans on his shoulders until scrappy guard Tim Frazier could finish it off with clutch plays on both ends of the court.Davis had 25 points, 16 rebounds, four steals and two blocks, and the Pelicans won for only the second time in their first 11 games, 106-105 over the Boston Celtics on Monday night.Frazier made a crucial steal of Marcus Smarts inbound pass near New Orleans basket with 14 seconds left. He also drew a shooting foul from Kelly Olynyk with 2.5 seconds left, setting up his go-ahead free throw for the final margin.He plays big, Davis said of Frazier, who finished with 10 points. He went in there with all them trees down there and got that steal. ... And then, that was a great job, a high basketball IQ, to draw that foul.Langston Galloway scored a season-high 21 points for New Orleans, which began the season with eight straight losses. Fellow reserve Terrence Jones added 15 points and a season-high 10 rebounds.Celtics coach Brad Stevens said his concern coming into the game wasnt so much what Davis would do, but whether hed get more of the help hes been lacking.Anthony is going to be Anthony, said Stevens, whose team limited Davis to 7-of-22 shooting. You cant let Langston Galloway go off. Jones has had great games against us for as long as I can remember. ... They really hurt us tonight.Isaiah Thomas scored 37 for Boston, including a driving scoop that tied the game with 7 seconds left.Frazier then pushed the ball up the floor and the 7-foot Olynyk picked Frazier up defensively near the perimeter.I knew I had a big on me, so I tried to see if I could get him to go, and he went, Frazier said.Olynyk said he tried to challenge what initially looked like a shot attempt, and then Frazier jumped into me and I picked up the foul.In part because the Celtics were out of timeouts and unable to advance the ball, they failed to get a decent shot off in the final 2 seconds. Bostons first inbound attempt from its own baseline deflected off New Orleans along the sideline with a tenth of a second left. Fake NBA Jerseys. The Celtics then attempted a long pass in hopes of a tip-in, but the inbound hit the rim and Smarts attempted put-back in a crowd of players was off the mark.Bostons Avery Bradley had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Smart scored 15 points, but Bradley said the Celtics didnt play well and failed to give Thomas help.It cant just be Isaiah, Bradley said. Its got to be other players out there making shots. ... Everybodys upset about it.TIP-INCeltics: Al Horford missed his seventh straight game because of concussion symptoms and it remains unclear when hell return. I dont want to put a timetable on it because I think its about how he feels day to day, Stevens said. Stevens added that once the Celtics decided not to play Horford, they got him an early flight back to Boston so he could get more rest.Pelicans: Rookie shooting guard Buddy Hield made his first start in place of ETwaun Moore. After tip-off, the Pelicans announced coach Alvin Gentry had decided to give Moore the night off to rest a right big toe injury. ... The Pelicans win was their first at home, where they improved to 1-5.BACK PAINDavis could be seen lying on the court near the bench when he wasnt playing and said it was to ease stress on his back.Every time I sit down it just tightens up, so that was the best way for me to try to keep it loose, Davis said. Youve got to play through it, fight through and try to do whatever you can do to help your team win.SQUANDERED LEADNew Orleans led by as many as 14 points when Dante Cunninghams 3 made it 65-51 in the third quarter, but the Pelicans briefly lost the lead in the final minutes.Weve got to continue to eliminate some of the mental mistakes and putting ourselves in harms way, Gentry said. But Gentry also added that he was pleased his team hung in and found a way to win.UP NEXTCeltics: Hosts Dallas on Wednesday night.Pelicans: Visit Orlando on Wednesday night. ' ' '